Videotaping Diving for All America Submission
Below are the instructions for creating a video for All America Diving submission. You can also find an article on Videotaping Best Practices here(http://diving.about.com/od/meetscompetitions/a/AADVDFilm_2.htm).
FILMING INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL-AMERICA APPLICATIONS
1. DVD must have only one diver performing 11 dives following National Federation Rule 9-4-1c.
2. Two meets for the SAME diver may be on one (1) DVD, (2 applications and fees are needed).
3. You must have DIVER’S NAME, SCHOOL NAME, DATE and NAME of the MEET at the BEGINNING of each contest.
4. What MUST BE FILMED:
a. Forward takeoffs; STARTING POSITION, APPROACH, EXECUTION, and ENTRY into the water
b. Backward takeoffs; STARTING POSITION, EXECUTION, and ENTRY into the water.
c. Entries; Continue filming all entries for two seconds after the diver enters the water.
d. DO NOT FILM THE SCORES OR SCOREBOARD.
5. All filming should be done from as near a judge’s position as possible. “BOARD LEVEL AND SIDE VIEW OF THE DIVE.”
6. If changing tapes be careful NOT TO ERASE any part of the previous dive (especially the entry).
7. Review DVD and score sheet. Make sure DVD and score sheet match and that dives are in the correct order.
IF YOU WANT A COPY, MAKE ONE BEFORE YOU SEND IN YOUR DVD! DVDS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS TO AVOID DISQUALIFICATION.
AA Diving Video Taping
Below you can view the current NISCA All America Diving Champions submitted videos. NISCA All America diving judge Woody Franklin wrote a couple of nice articles about how the judging happens and how to create (and how not to!) a perfect video tape for submission. Check them out!
Chosing High School All Americans for Diving - How the All America Divers are chosen and what the judges are looking for.
Diving Videos - Best Practices - Do's and Don'ts for creating videos of divers for submission.
Why Did My All-American Application Get Rejected? Reasons why applications for High School Diving All-American get rejected.